Well, we had our weekly check-up today. Good news - I am dilated 1cm and effaced 60%! Guess she's decided to come join the world after all! :) It still could be a little while, but I love knowing that we are at least on our way to meeting this little girl. Our doctor was on vacation this week, so we saw another doctor. I asked him for his estimate of her weight. Sadly, he said he thought she'd be about 8 1/2 pounds. Eeek! Our doctor said the same thing last week, which makes me think they could be right. Oh, boy!! Guess we'll just have to wait and see; I'm still hoping she'll be a bit smaller! Overall, I'm feeling fine. I'm so, so grateful to be off work right now. I feel pretty tired and uncomfortable most of the time, so it's definitely a blessing to be able to relax when I need to. I have been having some pretty consistant contractions this week, but they are not painful at all - just uncomfortable. They are coming about 10-20 minutes apart, and they are lasting for about a minute to a minute and a half each. We are waiting for them to get to 5 minutes apart consistantly over the course of one hour.
We are pretty much as prepared as we can be for her arrival. Her room is ready, and we've gotten everything we can possibly think of that we might need! My bags are packed and all our lists are made. We're just waiting on her. We'll keep you posted!

That is so exciting and such a blessing. I know any change is good after no change for so long. And if it helps at all my doctor always said Lyla was going to be a big baby. She ended up 7lbs 4oz and was just long...almost 21 inches.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in labor with Kody(our first) the doctor said oh my feels like a 8 pounder. He was only 6lb 4 oz so estimates can be off
ReplyDelete